The red dot sights are used in hunting, target games and the military for shooting an aim. These are zero power or one power and do not magnify. There are various types of red dot sights available in the market, all of them having a definite characteristic and performance. The various features and facilities determine the cost of the red dot sights.
Some of the best red dot sight for the money as discussed-
- Reflex: Short for reflector, reflex sights make use of light emitting diodes (LED) for projection of an aiming point, that is the dot, onto the lens which is used by the shooter. The lens is used in the form of a mirror, such that the image looks slightly darker when looked through. These types of red dot help the shooters to focus without having to compromise with the peripheral vision.
- Prismatic Sights: Prismatic is more similar to riflescopes but in this case, there are fewer lenses. These make use of a prism which flips the image, they do not project dot reticle by using LED.
- Holographic Sights: Also called as the holographic diffraction sights, these sights make use of a laser-transmitted hologram which is recorded in 3-D space onto a holographic film. Like any other red dot spots, these are non-magnified. They record the light reflected from an object, then decodes the recording and reconstructs the light field in the sight area.
Features and facilities to consider for best red dot sight for the money
- Size of the gun: There are various sizes of guns available and accordingly the suitability of red dot sight varies too. The smaller ones are generally more useful for shotguns whereas the bigger red dot sights are more suitable to a rifle. The size of the red dot sight plays a big role in determining our accuracy. Thus, our performance must coordinate with the size.
- Battery: Battery is an important factor. There are various kinds of batteries, some are easier and more accessible. However, there are others with specially customized order batteries which can be more expensive than usual. The weapon compatibility and performance delivery are what decides which battery to invest in. However, battery life is essential to any sort we want to choose. Long battery life is ideal for any battery type we want to choose for our gun.
- Open Style and Tube style: The open or window design style has a small and square shaped window. Whereas, in the tube style all the interior workings of the optic in place inside an enclosed tube. The tube style provides more protection and hence are long-lasting. However, they provide a limited scope of vision due to the fact that they are enclosed. The open style offers a better vision and is lighter than tube style. However, they have higher risks of damage. Thus, both the styles have their own pros and cons.
Thus, we understand the various features of a red dot sight. Different features and facilities add up to the best red dot sight for the money to be spent.